Lewiston Store Manager
Portland Glass has been doing business in the New England Market for more than 70 years. PG is headquartered in Portland Maine, has 34 shops, 2 fabrication facilities and a contact center.
What we are proud to offer you:
- Competitive Salary
- Generous Bonus Program
- Paid Holidays
- Voluntary Major Medical
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Accident Insurance
- Uniform Allowance
- Training and other discounts
The Store Manager consistently manages and leads the assigned Portland Glass store location and employees by providing the leadership, knowledge, and business expertise necessary to attain the sales, service, operations, and profit goals for the Portland Glass retail location while exceeding customers’ service expectations.
We are looking for an experienced Shop Manager to lead and manage our growing team and successful business in Lewiston, Maine.
The following is compilation of known and anticipated tasks require for this position. The intent of the items below is to provide a guideline for responsibilities.
- Responsible for maintaining a safe and healthy working environment, and to take reasonable care of their own health and safety at work and of all other staff. Managers have a specific responsibility for the health and safety of their direct reports and other team members for which they have management responsibility.
- Ensure all employees and team members strictly adhere to Portland Glass safety standards and conduct regular safety meetings and regularly inspect PPE
- Oversee that correct procedures are used to ensure a safe installation that meets the designated architectural specifications for flat glass installation.
- In the event of an employee injury make sure proper record keeping / notification is done as well as making sure that the injury is discussed and documented on the proper form with the employee and other appropriate managers.
- Responsible for safe operation, proper maintenance and upkeep of the company’s facilities, vehicles and all other assets including required record keeping
- Effectively manage the retail store to ensure that customer expectations are met and exceeded. Resolve customer complaints in a professional and timely manner.
- Ensure that customer service standards and satisfaction are consistently maintained and customer expectations are exceeded
- Ensure that the team is replacing/repairing auto glass in accordance with insurance, MVSS, NGA, and Portland Glass standards and specifications while maintaining customer satisfaction.
- Ensure that the store is always customer ready and the team is customer friendly – in the field- in homes team members must be the best PG brand ambassadors
- Assist as needed in any escalated customer service issues.
- Responsible to set expectations for team members, coach them on how to meet expectations, recognize success and implement corrective measures as needed.
- Proactively coach and develop team members to ensure success in their respective roles and identifies opportunities for recognition and development
- Responsible for insuring that buildings are safe, neat, clean and organized.
- Ensure that the store, vehicles, and staff exhibit the professional image of Portland Glass
- Responsible for upkeep and image of all company vehicles.
- Purchase inventory and products to sufficiently service customers to ensure efficiency while keeping in line with the budget.
- Aggressively pursue sales opportunities in the locations business community – including local schools, hospitals, and municipalities among others.
- Record all sales and receipts of customer payments in accordance with company procedures/policy as well as ensuring that all other company SOPs are followed both in the field and in the office
- Read, understand and analyze monthly financial statements and make improvements as necessary.
- Manage financial performance ensure shop is exceeding sales and operating Income goals.
- Communication directly with vendors and customers to establish strong working relationships.
- High school diploma or GED is required. Associates or Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- 3 years of experience working in the glass industry is required.
- Prior management/leadership experience is preferred. Ability to coach, direct, and motivate others is desired.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and administrative skills is required.
- Proficient in MS Office including, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record.
- Must have OSHA-10 certification or have ability to obtain through Portland Glass.
Working Conditions / Physical Demands:
- Normally seated and standing with freedom of movement on a regular basis, operating office machines, equipment, and handling light materials and supplies in a typical office environment and shop setting.
- May spend extended periods operating desktop computer, requiring hand-eye coordination and finger dexterity; and communicating face-to-face, on the telephone and in writings.
- Periodic physical activity requires walking, climbing, bending, standing, pushing, pulling, lifting and stooping.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds
About this company
Portland Glass has been leading the glass business in the New England Market for more than 70 years. PG is headquartered in Portland Maine, has 34 shops, 2 fabrication facilities and a contact center. Portland Glass has built a strong reputation for high standards in customer service and craftsmanship.