Masthead Maine, Maine's largest media company, is seeking an experienced and enthusiastic Inside Sales Account Executive to join our sales team for our Forecaster papers.
This is not a call center job. This is an opportunity to join a team of dynamic people who enjoy helping other businesses grow through creative and effective print and digital advertising. This position is based out of our South Portland office.
We embrace a creative and collaborative environment that produces exceptional results. We are actively involved in our community and we believe not only in working hard, but having fun while doing it.
Our Ideal Candidate has/is:
- Strong customer service skills
- Comfortable with making outbound sales calls
- Experience with Excel and other Microsoft programs
- Strong computer skills
- Prior experience in sales (specifically inside sales a plus)
- Excellent benefits package including: health, dental, vision insurance
- Short term/long term disability
- Life Insurance
- Growth Opportunities
- Fun and Creative work environment
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for maintaining existing and increasing digital and print advertising revenue
- Ability to make cold calls to reach new clients
- Responsible for managing and keeping all key customers current with product information
- Responsible for selling classified advertising - including recruitment advertising
- Responsible for working with retailers on targeted promotions to drive incremental business.
- Responsible for meeting sales revenue goals a minimum of 60% of the time.
- Responsible for the collection of account sales.
- Able to initiate the coordination in account copy flow from the advertising insertion orders through production, outsourcing and proofing of ads.
- Able to coordinate account filing status and related sales information.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
A college degree or related experience is required. Previous sales experience with proven results is required.
Masthead Maine is an EEO employer.
About this company
As a proud member of the Fourth Estate, we continuously strive to ensure delivery of the truth through our news stories and reporting – via the media our readers prefer - while maintaining the avenue for our readers and customers the means to announce, advertise, and market as they deem necessary ensuring our mutual and successful perpetuation and evolution, to the benefit of all who enjoy reading and viewing our products, and those producing it.
Location/Region: South Portland