PTAG is seeking a Construction Manager:
To assist the Owners Project Delivery Team to oversee various projects such as rebuilding and upgrading existing aged lines and installing new transmission lines in the Northeastern United States.
The projects are estimated to take 4-5 years to complete with possible extensions thereafter.
Location: North Eastern United States
- Responsible for constructing projects within schedule, budget and scope requirements as defined by the Project Team
- Manages the construction contractor's performance in the field, ensuring quality, scope and schedule are upheld in the construction of electric transmission facilities and equipment
- Ensures work is being performed in compliance with Environmental, Health, and Safety (EHS) regulations and issues stop-work orders when adverse risk is identified
- Coordinates with the EHS team to ensure the projects are maintaining best practices and fully report necessary EHS issues
- Identifies mitigation measures to deal with the results of delays, bad weather or emergencies at construction sites and aids Project Team in executing revised plans
- Coordinates with the Project Team to develop schedules and budgets for the projects
- Coordinates with the Project Team to ensure that materials and equipment resources meet specifications and are delivered on time
- Advises supervisory, transmission planning, system operations, engineering and design personnel on matters such as technical specifications, constructability, work procedures, safety procedures and any actions needed to help the project succeed
- Participates in the preparation of contracts and revisions to contractual agreements with engineers, consultants, Clients, suppliers and subcontractors
- Obtains all necessary permits and licenses for a given project by managing respective contractors
- Assist Project Team with the acquisition of easements or purchase of property for new construction
- Must have substation, transmission and distribution experience
- Technical Diploma or Engineering Degree in Electrical discipline
- Minimum 10 years experience and 3 years in Transmission Line Construction
- PSE (Power System Electrician journeyman status or Power Lineman journeyman status
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong leadership qualities with a demonstrated track record of dealing successfully with internal and external customers
- Results oriented individual with the ability to interpret and effectively manage multiple and competing priorities and timelines
- Understanding fundamentals of contracts and experience in managing contractors under the terms of a contract
- Knowledge of OH&S Regulations and electrical codes
PTAG is growing and seeking professionals who want to join a fast paced, innovative and team-oriented Program Management Firm.
We are driven to help our Clients find opportunities for consistent and constant improvements towards their Capital and Sustainable Programs.
PTAG is a Registered Provider of the Construction Industry Institute (CII) which underscores our commitment to help the Power & Utilities, Oil & Gas, Chemical, Mining and Heavy Infrastructure sectors achieve increased project certainty, productivity and desired outcomes.
We are seeking likeminded professionals who want to join us on our journey to build lasting, and value-driven relationships with our clients.
To apply, contact: Brenda: email@example.com
Location/Region: Portland, ME