Lincoln County – Public Safety Dispatcher
Lincoln County is seeking qualified candidates for the position of 9-1-1 Public Safety Dispatcher. This position receives, processes and dispatches requests for public safety services, including emergency and non-emergency requests via 9-1-1, telephone and radio. Interaction with fire, police, EMS and other dispatchers, as well as members of the public occur throughout the day.
• At least 2-3 years of public safety emergency communications preferred
• Superior listening skills, proficiency in oral and written communications
• Ability to deal courteously and effectively with members of the public
• Ability to think & act quickly & efficiently; remain calm under stressful conditions
• Ability to use computer aided dispatch system and other dispatch tools
• Commitment to complete extensive training needed for the position during the first six months of employment
• Extensive background check requirements must be met
This full-time position will be required to work a variety of shifts, including nights, weekends and holidays. All applicants should be prepared to commit to this condition prior to applying.
Applications are available in the Lincoln County Commissioners’ office or at www.LincolnCountyMaine.me
Please submit resume and application to the Lincoln County Commissioners’ Office no later than 2pm on Wednesday July 24, 2019.
Lincoln County Courthouse
32 High Street
Wiscasset, Maine 04578
Location/Region: Wiscasset, ME