WINDHAM RAYMOND SCHOOL DISTRICT
The Superintendent’s responsibility is to assist the School Board in implementation of Board policy and to provide leadership and direction as the Chief Executive Officer of the District. The Superintendent is to ensure that the operation of the schools is carried out in conformity with all state laws, rules and regulations
• Master’s Degree in educational administration; a minimum of one year beyond Master’s preferred.
• Minimum of five years’ experience in education; Minimum of three years’ experience in an administrative capacity.
• Demonstrated ability to create and maintain positive relations with students, staff, parents, and the community.
• Ability to work in a collaborative manner with appropriate stakeholders in maintaining a high level of services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Provides leadership in developing, achieving, and maintaining the best possible educational programming, operations, services, and systems for the RSU in keeping with the goals and objectives set by the Board.
• Serves as the ex officio secretary of the Board.
• Advises the Board on the need for new and/or revised policies and sees that all policies of the Board are implemented.
• Prepares and submits to the Board recommendations relative to all matters requiring Board action, placing before the Board such necessary and helpful facts, information and reports as are needed to insure the making of informed decisions.
• Ensures the proper development, presentation and monitoring of the District budget, including application of generally accepted accounting practices utilized for management of public funds.
• Attends and participates in all regular meetings of the Board, serves on Committees of the Board and prepares reports for the Board and the community.
• Recommends to the Board for its adoption, all courses of study, curriculum guides, and major changes in texts and time schedules to be used in the schools.
• Informs and advises the Board about the programs, practices, and problems of the schools and keeps the Board informed of the activities operating under the Board’s authority.
• Maintains adequate records for the schools, including a system of financial accounts; business and property records; and personnel, school population and scholastic records.
• Secures and nominates for employment the best qualified and most competent teachers and supervisory and administrative personnel.
• Implements a performance evaluation and professional growth system for all teachers and principals and an evaluation system for all other employees.
• Holds such meetings of teachers and other employees as necessary for the discussion of matters concerning the improvement and welfare of the schools.
• Keeps the public informed about modern educational practices, educational trends, and the policies, practices, and problems in the District’s schools.
• Sees that all reports required by the Maine Department of Education, the State of Maine, and the Federal Government are submitted at the appropriate times.
• Performs such other tasks as required by statute and as may be requested from time-to-time by the RSU # 14 School Board.
Must possess or be eligible for Maine Certification with endorsement 010-Superintendent of School.
Deadline to apply: 4:00 p.m. on March 29, 2019.
Start date: July 1, 2019.
Please refer to the Windham Raymond Website www.windhamraymondschools.org for complete instructions on the application process. Only applications submitted through Schoolspring.com will be accepted. Qualified candidates please submit required application form, letter of interest, resume, transcripts, copy of certification and three letters of reference. Non-conforming applications will not be considered. Applications must be received by 4:00 P.M. of the closing date. Only applicants who will be interviewed will be contacted.
Location/Region: Windham, ME