The Portland Press Herald is seeking an innovative and motivated sales professional to join our Inside Sales team. This is not a call center job. This is an opportunity to join a team of dynamic people who enjoy helping other businesses grow through creative and effective print and digital advertising.
At MaineToday Media we embrace a creative and collaborative environment that produces exceptional results. We are actively involved in our community and we believe not only in working hard, but having fun while doing it.
- Excellent benefits package including:
- health, dental, vision insurance
- Short term/long term disability
- Life Insurance
- Growth Opportunities
- Fun and Creative work environment
Contribute to MTM advertising revenue budget expectations for print, digital, events, and sponsorship opportunities by achieving monthly sales goals for the zone/territory or category of business. The Inside Salesperson professionally presents and sells advertising opportunities by phone or email, but may also make in-person sales calls where appropriate. While sales are primarily driven by inbound calls, the Inside Salesperson is expected to proactively make outbound sales solicitations for new prospects as well.
- Possess a solid working knowledge of the company’s portfolio of products and services and leverage that knowledge to increase revenue.
- Answer advertiser inquiries, provide campaign recommendations, and quote prices. Enter the advertisement into the order entry system, or into the CRM system which feeds to the sales assistant.
- Communicate clearly, succinctly and appropriately, both internally and with customers, documenting specific details and pricing of programs to set proper expectations and minimize errors.
- Up-sell print ads to include online when appropriate. Complete daily call backs for classified re-starts, if appropriate.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced, deadline-driven environment, working efficiently and minimizing errors that result in credit adjustments.
- Communicate newspaper policies and procedures to customers.
- Adhere to internal deadlines.
- Monitor competitive publications for sales leads and follow up with them. Become an expert in your category of business.
- Assist in resolving billing or credit issues and gathering information for credit and collections.
- Understand rates, incentives and bundles and use them correctly. Obtain manager approval for discounted offers.
- Meet the behavioral benchmarks established for your team relating to sales activities, such as number of calls made, orders processed, new business pitches, proposals, etc. and document them as instructed.
- Attend community and business (after hours) networking events as appropriate to build relationships.
MTMA employees are held accountable to four core values. These values will set the baseline standards for individual job performance, as it relates to the essential functions and competencies of the position.
- Excellence in work - Demonstrates commitment to performing work at the highest standards.
- Embraces innovation- Embraces change and demonstrates dedication to continuous improvement to drive business results.
- Exceeds customer expectations – Demonstrates the highest possible customer service (both internal and external).
- Collaborates as a team member – Recognizes that all departments contribute to the goals of the organization.
- Technical skills including:
- Keyboarding skills for ad order entry
- Use available technology to support sales efforts
- Tenacious, takes initiative and is results driven
- Maintain a positive outlook
- Life-long learner
- Responsive and follows tasks through to completion
- Team player and collaborator
- Able to deliver results in a deadline-driven environment
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
High School diploma; some college is a plus. Computer skills required. Fast, accurate typing. Strong grasp of grammar and spelling. Previous call center or customer service experience is a plus.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. This is largely a sedentary role. The position requires standing, walking, sitting, repetitive keyboard / mouse use and viewing a computer monitor for periods of time.
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change during the course of employment and as the business needs change.
MaineToday Media is an EEO Employe
Location/Region: South Portland