Fire Alarm Inspector
We offer top benefits, and paid training!
We are a growing Fire Alarm & Security System Company based in the greater Portland Area that offers its employees vacation, competitive wages and benefits.
Job Purpose/Summary: To conduct inspections of fire alarm systems and related equipment. Recognize deficiencies and identify corrective actions necessary to make system compliant with applicable codes, standards, laws, and regulations.
The Company: A local premier fire alarm company, servicing the entire state of Maine and parts of New Hampshire. Protection Professionals is known for the great care we take with clients and employees alike. Since 1986, businesses, schools, hotels, homeowners, and many other clients have turned to us for all of their fire alarm, security system, and life safety needs.
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor while performing inspections/testing in occupied places of business and when dealing with difficult situations.
- Proficient in the use of computers and tablets, Microsoft office - both in the office and in the field.
- Excellent time management, organization and customer service skills required.
- Must adhere to all safety requirements.
- Must be detail-oriented, punctual, organized and able to multi-task in fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work well with others in different departments.
- At least 18 years of age and able to legally work in the US.
- High School Diploma/GED required.
- Must be able to pass a background check.
- Valid driver's license is a must and clean driving record is preferred.
- Knowledge of Fire Alarm Panels (i.e. Potter, Faraday, Bosch, Gamewell-FCI, Notifier) or IMSA Level 1 - 2 is a plus.
- Knowledge of all NFPA and local applicable codes is a plus.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform inspections and/or testing of fire alarm systems.
- Document deficiencies found during inspection/testing, prepare deficiency proposal and follow up on status of deficiency correction.
- Perform minor deficiency repairs in the field.
- Attend meetings and or phone calls with the contractor/property manager/owner or other parties for communication, coordination, scheduling, conflict resolution or other purposes.
- Compose emails to include technical writing, complete deficiency reports and present information/respond to questions from managers, customers, authorities having jurisdiction and incoming inquiries.
- Various other duties
Job Type: Full-time
Please submit Cover Letter and Resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to 325-US Rte 1 Falmouth Maine 04105.
Location/Region: Falmouth, ME