To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and resume to:
Contribute to the advertising revenue budget expectations (for print, digital, events, sponsorship opportunities, and other company initiatives as they arise) by achieving monthly sales goals for the sales zone/territory. Professionally present and sell advertising opportunities into our portfolio of products and services to existing and potential customers.
- Develop new accounts and achieve new dollars by up-selling existing customers, such as selling digital campaigns to print only advertisers or reactivating dormant (inactive) print or digital accounts.
- Possess a solid working knowledge of the company’s portfolio of products and services and leverage that knowledge to increase revenue. Participate in departmental ongoing training sessions to be conversant in product offerings, rates, features and benefits, and seek out additional internal and external resources as needed to understand our product portfolio.
- Display a thorough knowledge of accounts, territory, and business segments for which you are responsible. Be able to complete all phases of the sales process from conducting needs analyses to developing advertising proposals to achieve successful outcomes.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the strategic importance of customer relationships; proactively build, maintain and use key relationships to promote sales objectives.
- Communicate clearly, succinctly and appropriately, both internally and with customers, documenting specific details and pricing of programs to set proper expectations and minimize errors.
- Understand, communicate to customers, and comply with deadlines and internal credit and financial policies to ensure smooth executions of ad campaigns.
- Meet the behavior benchmarks established for your team relating to sales activity requirements, (sales calls, new business, digital sales, proposals and opportunities documented in a CRM system).
- Attend community and business networking events to build relationships.
- Document progress on strategic initiatives and develop gap to goal plans to meet revenue objectives.
- Demonstrate understanding of competitive products within specific zones.
Times Record employees are held accountable to four core values. These values will set the baseline standards for individual job performance, as it relates to the essential functions and competencies of the position.
- Excellence in work -Demonstrates commitment to performing work at the highest standards.
- Embraces innovation-Embraces change and demonstrates dedication to continuous improvement to drive business results.
- Exceeds customer expectations –Demonstrates the highest possible customer service (both internal and external).
- Collaborates as a team member –Recognizes that all departments contribute to the goals of the organization.
- Uses CRM system to track opportunities and pipeline management and record activities for accounts.
- Uses available technology to support sales efforts. Fluent in digital media.
- Takes initiative, is results driven and tenacious
- Life-long learner and brings a positive outlook to the team
- Flexible and adaptable
- Responsive and follows tasks through to completion
- Team player and collaborator
- Able to deliver results in a fast paced, deadline-sensitive environment
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
Previous sales experience with proven results is required. The position requires reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. The position requires standing, walking, sitting, repetitive keyboard / mouse use and viewing a computer monitor for periods of time.
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change during the course of employment and as the business needs change.
The Times Record / Coastal Journal is and EEO employer
Location/Region: Brunswick, ME