The Portland Press Herald is seeking an experienced and enthusiastic Outside Sales Rep to join our Advertising team. This is an opportunity to join a team of dynamic people who enjoy helping other businesses grow through creative and effective print and digital advertising. This position is based out of our South Portland office but will focus on selling in the Midcoast Maine area.
The Portland Press Herald is a part of Masthead Maine, the state's largest media network. We embrace a creative and collaborative environment that produces exceptional results. We are actively involved in our community and we believe not only in working hard, but having fun while doing it.
- Excellent benefits package including: health, dental, vision insurance
- Short term/long term disability
- Life Insurance
- Growth Opportunities
- Fun and Creative work environment
Contribute to MTM advertising revenue budget expectations (for print, digital, events, sponsorship opportunities, and other company initiatives as they arise) by achieving monthly sales goals for the sales zone/territory. Professionally present and sell advertising opportunities into our portfolio of products and services to existing and potential customers.
- Develop new accounts and achieve new dollars by upselling existing customers, such as selling digital campaigns to print only advertisers or reactivating dormant (inactive) print or digital accounts.
- Possess a solid working knowledge of the company’s portfolio of products and services and leverage that knowledge to increase revenue. Participate in departmental ongoing training sessions to be conversant in product offerings, rates, features and benefits, and seek out additional internal and external resources as needed to understand our product portfolio.
- Display a thorough knowledge of accounts, territory, and business segments for which you are responsible. Be able to complete all phases of the sales process from conducting needs analyses to developing advertising proposals to achieve successful outcomes.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the strategic importance of customer relationships; proactively build, maintain and use key relationships to promote sales objectives.
- Communicate clearly, succinctly and appropriately, both internally and with customers, documenting specific details and pricing of programs to set proper expectations and minimize errors.
- Understand, communicate to customers, and comply with deadlines and internal credit and financial policies to ensure smooth executions of ad campaigns.
- Meet the behavior benchmarks established for your team relating to sales activity requirements, (sales calls, new business, digital sales, proposals and opportunities documented in a CRM system).
- Attend community and business networking events to build relationships.
- Document progress on strategic initiatives and develop gap to goal plans to meet revenue objectives.
- Demonstrate understanding of competitive products within specific zones.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
College degree or related experience is required. Previous sales experience with proven results is required. The position requires reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license.
MaineToday Media is an EEO employer.
About this company
As a proud member of the Fourth Estate, we continuously strive to ensure delivery of the truth through our news stories and reporting – via the media our readers prefer - while maintaining the avenue for our readers and customers the means to announce, advertise, and market as they deem necessary ensuring our mutual and successful perpetuation and evolution, to the benefit of all who enjoy reading and viewing our products, and those producing it.
Location/Region: South Portland, ME