Serves customers by installing and servicing systems and products
• Respond to scheduled service calls by dispatch or through answering service when on call.
• Perform tune ups and cleaning of heating appliances.
• Install, trouble-shoot and repair oil and/or propane heating systems in accordance with applicable codes, safety regulations and Stone Road Energy policies.
• Assist other technicians and/or employees as needed.
• Establish service by studying system requirements; ordering and gathering components and parts; completing installation; performing acceptance tests.
• Maintain rapport with customers by examining complaints; identifying solutions; suggesting improved methods and techniques; recommending system improvements.
• Document service and installation actions by completing forms, reports, logs, and records.
• Maintain customer confidence by keeping service information confidential.
• Provide troubleshooting as well performing installation of equipment.
• Provide onsite services for individual as well as organizations.
• Ensure that the equipment on which service has been performed is in proper working condition.
• Set propane tanks.
• Ensures the appearance and condition of company vehicles, equipment, tools, and other assets are safe, clean and maintained.
• Participate in on call rotation.
• Serve on committees and task-results teams as needed.
• Maintain current, accurate documentation and records related to the work.
• Work collaboratively as a member of a team with various groups of staff, depending on the issue addressed.
• Develop and maintain productive and effective relationships with all organization-wide personnel and programs.
• Demonstrate a positive representation of the organization at all times.
• Demonstrate an active interest in enhancing and improving the organization’s services.
• Demonstrate judgment in determining priority of tasks assigned and follow through in a timely manner.
• Assure quality in work performed to facilitate the delivery of quality services.
• Understand and comply with all organization policies and procedures.
• Attend, perform and complete all trainings as assigned.
• Report accidents and injuries in a timely fashion, demonstrate safe housekeeping practices, notify supervisor of
potential health and safety concerns immediately, participate in health and safety training as required, understand
and follow all Stone Road Energy LLC health and safety policies.
• Perform all other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or Equivalent.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED:
• Driver’s License in good standing.
• Hazmat and Tankers endorsements.
• Propane & Natural Gas Technician Certification: Delivery, Tank Setters, Appliance Connection & Service Technician
• Oil Burner Technician Certification (minimum Journeyman level)
• CDL preferred.
• Must have basic knowledge in computers.
• Customer Service experience.
• One year of experience or related training.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
• Must have the ability to work independently or with less supervision.
• Ability to work within a team when needed
• Ability to travel long distances.
• Needs to possess excellent troubleshooting skills.
• Must have good customer service skills.
• Ability to maintain good relations with customers.
• Should have excellent verbal communication skills.
• Must have the ability to work under pressure.
• Ability to manage service calls.
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by the incumbent to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Position requires the ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch and manipulate (lift, carry, move) light to heavy weights of 10 to 80 lbs. Good hand eye coordination, arm hand and finger dexterity, including the ability to grasp and visual acuity to operate equipment is required. Frequent sitting, reaching with hands and arms. Incumbent must be able to speak and hear.
Position is subject to drug testing as well as a physical abilities test performed by a company provider.
Consider such factors as exposure to chemicals, exposure to outside climate-temperature, sun, wet, etc., PPE requirements and any others.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT (ADA): External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case-by-case basis.
DISCLOSURE: All statements in this document are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.