CNC Machine Operator (2nd Shift) - Wells, Maine
The primary purpose of this position is to produce machined parts by setting up and operating a computer numerical control (CNC) machine, in the manufacturing process of skylight component parts according to production standards and plans.
• Reviews work orders, blueprints, and materials and runs machine in accordance with specification and production requirements.
• Programs by entering instructions, including zero and reference points; setting tool registers, offsets, compensation, and conditional switches; calculating requirements, including basic math, geometry, and trigonometry; proving part programs.
• Set-up by installing and adjusting jaw chucks, tools, attachments, collets, bushings, cams, gears, stops, and stock pushers; indicating vices; tramming heads.
• Loads feed mechanism by lifting stock into position.
• Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample workpieces; adhering to standards.
• Maintains specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and cutting, including turning, facing, knurling and thread chasing operations; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; sharpening and replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
• Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
• Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
• Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
• Documents actions by completing production and quality logs.
• Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
• Ensures production, quality and safety standards are met
• Performs cleaning and maintaining of 5’s practices
• Performs other assignments as directed by local supervision
• High School Diploma or GED is required
• Functional and technical skills are required
• Good math and computer skills are required
• Controls and instrumentation experience are required
• Tooling experience is required
• Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Experience with being an assistant or machine operator required (CNC machine operator preferred)
• Ability to perform the essential functions assigned to the position
• Understanding of metric measurement systems is required
• 3-5 years experience in a production environment is preferred
• Ability to read and utilize blueprints
• Heavy lifting may be required for this position.
• Must be able to work overtime and on weekends as needed
• The desire and ability to work in a team environment demonstrated through a positive quality, safety, attendance and good work history
• Compliance with all rules of conduct, safety regulations and policies provided in Employee Handbooks, on Company bulletin boards/announcements, terms/conditions of employment or other means of communication is a requirement of the job
Our ambition of treating employees better than most other companies includes the challenging work environment we strive to create as well as the competitive benefit programs available to employees and their dependents upon joining the Company. Some of these include:
Group Health Insurance Plan
On-site Health Clinic
Vision Care Plan
Prescription Drug Card Program
Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Cancer Protection Plan
Company Matched 401(k) Retirement Plan
Flexible Spending Accounts
Educational Assistance Program
10 Paid Company Holidays
Vacation Day Program
Sick Day Program
Service Recognition Program
And Much More
Equal Opportunity Employer
VELUX is fully committed to the concept and practice of equal opportunity in all aspects of employment. To further our goal of equal employment opportunity for all employees and prospective employees, it is the policy of VELUX to recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, protected veteran status, national origin, sexual orientation, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. All employment decisions shall be consistent with the principle of equal employment opportunity and only job-related qualifications will be required.
VELUX uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Location/Region: Wells, ME